Content Content

Dude, put some more air through your words! I can hear the potential of a good singing voice in there, but it's not living up to said potential right now.

Good solo song though.

Awesome Guy Awesome Guy

Like it in general, but:
Some weird deviations from your structure. I'm pretty sure there was a verse, or part of one, that was like 7bars and 3 beats instead of your regular 8 bars or whatever. Recorded at 3 in the morning, so I'll give you that one.

It ain't ska. Gimme da upstroke skankin' beat, yo!

Chorus could have more lyrical variation, and maybe a different chord progression in there.

I really like your rhymes though! I think this could actually make an awesome, if somewhat semi-narcissistic, tune!

Reggae instrumental Reggae instrumental

Pretty cool. Steel drums, whether real or not, are always a win in my book. The slidey bass is also pretty cool, but it COULD have done with less slides between notes in some parts. It was sometimes distracting from the actual melody. Some harmonising with the steel drums from some horns or the keys would have gone down awesomely too!

Lastly, too many false endings. There were at least five occasions where I thought the track was ending and then it didn't. If you're bringing the beat down, bring it down, but don't make it sound like an ending, you know what I mean? You could throw in some cymbals, some nice long chords on the guitar/bass/keys, but there's something in there that lets you know 'hey, this song is still going, we're not done yet!'

Really nice track though, I like what you're doing. Keep it up!

Hutchmeow316 responds:

Tried to get rid of the false endings and tried to loop it, but couldn't figure out how. Thanks again :)

I'm sorry, buuuutttt..... I'm sorry, buuuutttt.....

Doesn't sound too bad considering you were all hammered whilst recording, but your trombone sounds like he's barely trying to even play. Tell him to go practice.

Good song. Haha!

GW OC - Ska Tune GW OC - Ska Tune

This is fantastic, why waste your time making it with synth sounds when you could record it with real instruments?! This is a great tune, if you formed a ska band I would listen to you all the time.

Sand Trap - Sandopolis RX Sand Trap - Sandopolis RX

And here was me having given up all hope of hearing something new on the ska lists that was actually ska!

It's really really great. If this was with entirely real instruments it'd be pretty much the best thing ever.

KvM - Well Seasoned Piece KvM - Well Seasoned Piece

Cool as ever, dudes. Keep it coming.

The Skandals - Insomniac The Skandals - Insomniac

Really liking this. When you record stuff properly you'll be fucking amazing and I'll be lining up to hear that shit man.

FairSquare responds:

Well, that's rather nice to hear :D
Also, good news for you..
remove the spaces in the link ;)

Oxys Oxys

This is really fantastic, you just keep bringing out excellent material year after year after year. It really reminds me of something, but I can't just put my finger on it. I agree with the fellow below me though, your vocals could be a bit louder.

Do you have any links to facebook pages and such for your music?

thirty-six responds:

Hey man!
Absolutely our facebook page is facebook.com/yourfavoritebandever

Thanks man

Gourmet Race Cover Gourmet Race Cover

This is pretty sweet. I like it a lot. I reckon you could do more with the sax and definitely more with the trom, though.